Procreate is an incredible app for drawing and painting on your iPad or iPhone. It’s packed with features, but there’s a lot of room for growth. The latest update brings some much-needed improvements to brushes—including calligraphy ones https://procreatebrushes.art/product-category/paid-brushes/calligraphy-brushes-paid-brushes/ ! Now, you can use these simple steps to install them into Procreate:
Procreate calligraphy brushes
To install the brushes, you will need to download the Procreate app and then follow these instructions:
- Open up Procreate on your device and tap on “Brushes” in the top menu bar.
- Select “Load Brushes” from this screen (as shown above). This will bring up all of your previously downloaded brushes; if you do not have any yet, just skip ahead to step 3! Tap on “Import.” You will now see a list of available files on your device including those that were already installed by default when opening up Procreate for the first time (like Comic Book Lettering) as well as any additional ones that may have been added since then (like Calligraphy Brush Pack 2). Tap either one once to highlight its name so that it turns blue; then tap “Import” again at bottom right corner of screen (it looks like two arrows pointing away from each other).
How to install them
- Download the Procreate Calligraphy Brushes
- Open Procreate, and go to Settings > Brush Settings
- Tap the plus sign in the top left corner of your screen, then select Import Brushes from the menu that pops up (or tap Import Brushes on your iPhone or iPad)
- Select all of the brushes you want to use from this zip file by tapping on them individually or holding down your finger on multiple files before tapping Import
How to use them
- Tap the brush to change the color.
- Tap and hold to change the size.
- Use the eraser tool to erase your mistakes (or just get rid of anything you don’t like). You can also use this tool as a paintbrush if you want! Just tap once when using it as a paintbrush, or tap and hold for longer strokes of color over large areas that need filling in quickly (like sky or grass).
- Finally, use our fill tool for quick fills when painting landscapes or portraits in Procreate!
install the brushes!
To install the brushes, you’ll need to download them from the link below. Once they’re downloaded, open up Procreate and tap on “Brushes” in the bottom right corner of your screen. Select “Open Brush Library.”
- Tap on one of the calligraphy brushes (they’re usually labeled with letters).
- You’ll see what it looks like when you select it! You can tap again to hide this preview window if it’s distracting while drawing in Procreate.
I hope this tutorial has been helpful to you, and that you’re ready to start creating beautiful calligraphy in Procreate! If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to let me know on Twitter.